If the Video you're creating requires login with 2FA, Spectacle will need to be able to complete the 2FA step anytime you Record a new version of your Video. Luckily Spectacle makes it convenient to setup 2FA.
If Spectacle encounters a 2FA field in your Video, it will ask you to make the necessary set up:
The set up depends on how you have currently set up 2FA for the account you're logging in to in your Video:
If you use 1Password for 2FA, you can do the following:
1. Look up the account in 1Password
2. Click edit
3. Click the dots on the "one-time password" field
4. Copy the value and paste it in the "2FA Setup secret" field in Spectacle
5. Press enter to save
If you use Google Authenticator for 2FA, you can do the following:
1. Open the Google Authenticator app
2. In the app, click the three bars on the top right
3. Click "Transfer accounts" and then "continue" and then "export"
4. On the next page, make a screenshot of the QR code
5. In Spectacle, you'll see a notification bar to "Setup"
6. In the sidebar, click the QR icon next to the "2FA Setup secret" field
7. Upload the screenshot, pick the account and press "save"
You can upload the QR code that was shown to you when you set up set 2FA for the account you're logging in to in your Video. This can be done by clicking the QR icon next to the "2FA Setup secret" field in Spectacle.
Don't have a backup of the QR? In this case you can log in to the account you're logging in to in your Video and restart the 2FA set up process there. This will give you a new QR code that you can both upload in to your own 2FA app as well as in Spectacle